PPSR Security Check
Personal Property Security Register is the new way to check the if the motor vehicle, aircraft or watercraft you are about to buy has any outstanding encumbrances on it.
This could include, outstanding finance owing, if the vehicle is stolen or has been a repairable write-off vehicle. As well as verifying the VIN#, Engine#, Registration# and the Make and Model details.
Each PPSR check will cost you $3.70 and at the end of the transaction you can request a certificated to be issued at no extra cost so you have a copy for your records. Use this link to obtain your PPSR check certificate https://transact.ppsr.gov.au/ppsr/SearchForMotorVehicle?v=Search or contact us to do it for you.
PPSR is a government owned and run registry and you should consider their conditions of use as CLC Online cannot take responsibility for this information.
- Get your finance pre-approval first – this increases your power to negotiate a great finance deal!
- For the best deal, work out your budget and stick to it – include ongoing costs, like registration and insurance
- Arrange a test drive or two! Try to make it during daylight hours so you can inspect clearly
- Check the ground for oil and any other leaks on the engine
- We recommend an MTA approved mechanical inspection be done on the vehicle for extra peace of mind
- Allow us to do a PPSR check for you and we can also check the vehicle is not overpriced
- When you are convinced that you have found the right car, then it is time to bargain down the price!
- Only leave a deposit of up to $100 to hold the car and obtain a receipt with driver’s licence copy (private seller) or motor sale contract from dealer (avoid signing cooling off period waiver)
- Final Check – ensure the tyres, interior, radio, windscreen, wipers are all in good working condition and
ensure spare tyre and jack is included
Remember your Car Loan City Online consultant is here to clinch the best finance deal and help throughout the process so contact us anytime for assistance.